Friday, January 31, 2014

What happened Wed

Wednesday was a pretty normal day for the Fletcher Clan. Emmett was at school, Hadds and I were home playing and cleaning. Nothing out of the norm. Haddie played hard that day, took her normal naps, we ate nothing unusual for breakfast, lunch and snack times.
We were just about to start vacuuming when the men came home. (Emmett and Uncle Eric). After floors were cleaned and bellies were full we probably put on a movie.
   
When 4:30 rolled around soon after I left to go nanny. The kids and I read stories, played Wii, practiced music, homework, did hand stands and 'exercised'. We had BLTs for dinner and I was home by 8:30. Hadds and I did our standard bedtime routine. Jammies, story, song, snuggles and bed. 10pm-ish came around and I went to bed. I remember laying in bed trying to go to sleep but my tummy just felt...different. I felt like I needed to puke. Sometimes that happens though so I tried to ignore it. I fell asleep but was still in that weird in-between sleep and being awake mode and puking was still on my mind.

Then out of nowhere I jumped out of bed and screamed, "EMMETT!! EMMETT, HADDIE IS CHOKING!!" I ran to her room and sure enough my little nugget was face down in her own vomit gasping and crying. A mother just knows these things. I picked her up and rushed to the bathroom where Emmett met us and she continued to gag in the bathtub. Then.....I leaned over to the sink and tossed all my own cookies. My poor brother in law and our friend Daniel were in the living room when this was taking place and they had snuck out ever so quietly. Who could blame them? Then poor Emmett...he had two sick gals on his hands and well, only two hands. I was fending for myself while he took care of the Hadds.

This went on a lot of the night. errr, early morning. I was summoned to the couch and Emmett had Haddie in our bed with him. I could hear Haddie whimpering and I couldn't do anything for her. Heck, I couldn't do anything for myself! Until a thought came to me. A BLESSING! Duhhh. So I asked Emmett to give me one and he went to his sister's house, who is luckily our neighbor, (this was at 2am btw) and got our brother in law to give me one so he could hang on to Haddie.

I've always loved blessings. Never have I been given a sickness blessing and felt it work right away though. This time was different. While Aaron was giving me the blessing I was holding my rather large puke bowl and thinking "Please don't barf now... please don't barf now" because I felt like it was about to happen. As soon as it was over, I felt a million times better and I didn't get sick again. He gave one to Haddie too and she never got sick again either! In fact, she went right to sleep, and the next morning was almost her spunky self again, dancing and playing but still very tired. It wasn't until later in the afternoon she had a very bloated tummy and was in lots of pain, crying for hours and nothing was helping her. I ended up taking her to the dr but by then she was a lot better. The nurse looked her over and talked with me a lot and didn't even charge us!

Last night was a rough one for me though. Felt queasy, drained, couldn't eat anything and all I wanted was ice cream. Which I never got and still want, by the way haha. I took cat naps all day, then an hr long nap at 7 and went to bed at about 8 and slept until after 10 this morning. That's A TON of sleep people! That has to be a record for how long a mom gets sleep. Right? Well this morning I'm loads better and so is Haddie. She's a wee bit of a crank today though. But who could blame her?

Well, that post was a lot longer on barfing than I had anticipated. If you made it this far, good for you, and thanks! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment