Monday, July 23, 2012

Playing catch up

We are finally home. Home is currently a disaster of a mess, half our things our at our old place and the rest is at our new place and has not yet been unpacked. I have to have the place cleared out, cleaned out and have the carpet cleaners come in all this week and next. I don't think we have had a minute to just sit and really relax in a while. It has been worth it though. We had a great time in California. It was stressful at the same time because my family was also in the process of moving and everyone was getting under everyone else's skin at one point or another but I know that that is unavoidable when moving in most cases. But my baby shower went great. I had everyone I expected to show up be there and we got lots of great stuff for our baby dot. I even got to meet my nephew, Wyatt, only 9 hours after he was born! He was too precious for words. We did so much in a short week.

When we came home we had Emmett's family in town and some of them staying with us. His brother and his friend who were attending volleyball camp at the Y. Poor kids, our house was a disaster from packing our house up and unpacking suitcases from our trip to Ca. Emmett and I both still had to work which didn't help much. Still, it was a good time. We then road tripped it up north this time to ID for a family reunion. It was for Emmett's mom's side of the family. It was good to see a lot of the people I met while we were dating again. We also celebrated his Grandma's 90th bday!!  

At some point in between our two trips and hectic schedule, I had two Dr appts. One was just a check up/glucose test-that drink=disgusting by the way, and the other was for our 3D ultra sound!! We invited Emmett's sister and his mamma to join us for that. It was so special because our girl was waving, and smiling and we got a great dvd and pictures of the experience. His mom got teary eyed and I may have a little too..it's getting so real now that we are so close! <3

I feel like we have spent more time away from home this month than actually AT home. Hopefully after this week we will be settled into our new home, I can get our baby's room all organized and ready for her and we can enjoy some much needed husby-wifey time. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family, friends, each other, our baby on the way and all the fun and even hard experiences we have had. I couldn't, I wouldn't, ask for it any other way. Even when some days I may say so :p

Pictures and details to come soon. :)
 Love you all, and thanks for your hand in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment