Monday, March 10, 2014

Making YOURSELF a habit







Growing up I did every sport under the sun. Well, almost. Softball, soccer, gymnastics, cheerleading (it's totally a sport), track and field, ice skating, dance...I think you get it. I never had to worry about my body or being 'fit'.  I just was. I never worried about what I ate, how long I sat on the couch one day or how many calories was in a food or WHAT exactly was in what I was eating for that matter. Then after high school when you don't have a P.E class, dance class, or soccer practice to attend it very easily can just slip out of your day to day routine. Am I speaking for others here or is it just me? Well, I can say that for me, I slipped out of that real fast and never have I missed a P.E class more than I do right now.

It's true, friends. The older you get the slower your body and the harder you have to work to take care of it. Go ahead and say it, you're thinking it....it sucks. But that's part of life. I so badly wish I had kept up on my running, joined an intramurel team or at least stretched everyday! My body is paying for it now as I'm struggling to get it back to butt kicking shape by well, kicking my butt into shape. Hehe. See what I did there?

The last couple months I've been more conscience about what I'm putting into my body, how much I'm putting into it and working on my exercise habits. Meaning, I'm trying to make these things just that, habits. I've even started this thing called Oil Pulling. After reading that article you'll probably think I'm nuts but that's ok. I've been doing it for only four days now but I've already noticed a change in my moods, my teeth are whiter and I can tell you I KNOW it's been literally pulling and dissolving the bad toxins from my body. The other day I got a bad headache. It was just like a headache I once got after I had gone and gotten a massage. Have you ever been given a professional massage and afterwards they give you a big glass of chilled water? That's not just a complimentary beverage to keep you relaxed. It's to help flush all the nasty toxins that the deep tissue massage just helped release. If you don't flush those out you can get headaches and feel nauseous and I'm telling you that's EXACTLY why I felt so bad the other day. I didn't drink water when I was done.

Anyways, I'm rambling on now but what I'm getting at is that after being more careful and learning to love my body again I've noticed a change in myself. It may not be a drastic physical change but to be happy with yourself, the changes have to start from within and work outward. There certainly are changes taking place. I'm happier, I have more energy, I have a desire to do things again and the more I keep it up the more I get done and want to keep it up. It's amazing really. The 1000's of IU's of Vitamin D I take daily probably helps a bit too. ;) It's a lot like the idea people have that if you force a smile everyday eventually it'll be permanent and out of habit. The more I keep doing these beneficial things for myself and my body the more apart of my life it becomes and the better I feel inside and out. I'm slowly working out again, going to my Jazzercise classes, finding friends to do exercises with since that makes things SO much more fun, transitioning our diets from processed foods to almost no processed foods and drinking glass after glass of water everyday. It may not sound like much (or maybe it does) but I think it's important to find what works for you and the pace that works for you and your family. I've found mine! Finally.

So, I encourage you to find at least one or two things that you can change, starting today, or add to your daily routine that will benefit you. Make some goals. Maybe it'll be no soda for a month. Or waking up 30 minutes earlier to reflect or exercise. (I also think that it's so important to take a little time out of your day, each day, to have a quiet time of reflecting or unwinding.) Just find something that you think is possible and turn it into a habit! Then come back and tell me how it's going!
If you need a push or shove here and there from someone, let me know! I can be that person for you..gladly!

READY. SET. GO!! <3

2 comments:

  1. For me I've been making monthly goals and trying to stick to them. I've made sure I am first for somethings and letting other things take a back seat. If I don't do that I'm not going to get my self in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, the more I feel that I accomplish, the stronger my drive to accomplish even more! Monthly goals are not too short, not too long to and just enough time to make a habit! Thanks!

      Delete