Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The brilliant burrito

YOU GUYS.
Tonight I made what is quite possibly my new all time FAVORITE dish. Holy Smokes people. 
I just need to take a moment to relish in my accomplishment I made in the kitchen today. 
And yes, brag a little. At least I'm honest.
It was spicy and creamy, sweet and tender I'm seriously drooling all over again and WISHING my stomach wasn't already bulging so I could some how squeeze in some more of this stuff. Seriously. Good. Grub. 


Ok now that that's over with I will share this delictible dinner dish with you. For all my Utah friends, if you've ever had Cafe Rio (Which c'mon, you can't live in Utah and NOT have had it before) I'm talking about the sweet pork burrito. YES. I made something very similar to that and it was beyond easy. Especially for those of you in my boat and you have a miniature energizer bunny in human form bouncing off the walls everyday that can't even give you two minutes of alone time in the bathroom. 
If that's you, this meal is definitely for you. And really for anyone else too. 

We had a frozen pork roast in the freezer I pulled out this morning.
I'M AN AVID CROCKPOT USER.
All I did with it was put it in the crockpot with salsa and brown sugar. THAT'S IT. 
The pork was Delicious but what really made the meal was the divine avocado sauce I made to go along with it. Please make this. Please share it with your friends. (Unless you love it so much and can't imagine letting anyone else have the left overs. Well, then I'd completely understand.)





Pork Roast:
Place in the crockpot 
Add 16oz jar of salsa
Add 11/2 cups of brown sugar
Cook on HIGH 6-8 hours.
Easy peasy!
When it's about an hr away from being done shred it and stir it around a bit. Let it keep cooking and soak up all the juices. Mmm.

Avocado Sauce:
2 avocados
1 handful (about a cup) of fresh cilantro
1 juiced lime
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
Finely minced jalepeno
A dash of salt and pepper
Blend it all together in the blender.

We made the burritos with black beans and cheese and next time I'll probably add some rice to it but it was soo good even without rice...and filling! I poured the sauce over the burrito but my husband put  it in his. If you want a little extra punch in the mouth add some Siracha sauce. However you prefer it! 
Roll up and enjoy! 




2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! I pinned it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks! When you try it, you'll have to let me know what you think :)

      Delete