Sunday, February 16, 2014

A lovely day o' love

 As we all know it was Valentine's Day the other day. A favorite holiday of mine! Well, I love every holiday but this one's definitely in my top 5ish! I seem to have this idea that when it's a holiday it should be celebrated all month instead of just the one day. So for Valentines that means red and pink heart outfits each day, cute head bands and lots of pictures. This day of love Emmett had classes so Haddiecakes and I dressed up and went shopping! While in the clothing  store (luckily there weren't more than 2 other customers at the time) sleepy Haddie decided she had an unnerving amount of energy all of a sudden and thought she had free rein of the entire place. She kicked her shoes off and ran and ran and ran, eventually putting holes in her tights. Luckily for me the sweet girls working were in high school and thought every little thing she did was "Just adorbs!" and "So presh!".  They danced in the mirrors with Hadds, chased her, picked her up. It was like having babysitters that let me do my shopping without being bugged. But of course they couldn't always keep an eye on her so there was a time she ran behind the counter and in the display windows, crawled under the changing room door (No, nobody was in there. Whew!) and she even dove head first into a clearance tub of high heels. Which then led to tears and a heel mark right in the middle of her forehead. I can easily say she napped very well when we got home. It sounds like I just let her run and cause chaos but of course I didn't did.

 You ever try shopping alone with a toddler? Yes? Then you know exactly how it goes.  No? Well, wait until you have children. Then you'll understand.

After her 2 1/2 hr nap (hallelujah!) we decided to do a mini photo shoot with our new camera. Keep in mind here, friends, that I have no editing programs except the old school one that came on my mac, that it's really hard to photograph a tot by yourself, it was getting dark and unfortunately I had no adorable props to use. Maybe next year will be better. Ha. 


The day started out with a heart/pink themed pancake breakfast! It's tradition!




Mr. Fletcher and I went out for a nice dinner to The Happy Sumo. Such good sushi! After dinner we sat in the car for a minute and discussed what we could do next. We had babysitters, dinner went faster than expected and it was only 7:30pm! We never did come up with anything so we just went home but it was an nice evening in relaxing and being with Haddie together.

This picture below was Valentine's Day last year. Haddie's first. I love it so much I decided I want to try and reenact it each year!

2013

2014

Hope you all had an enjoyable day with the ones you love and who love you! I'm so grateful for my eternal family!

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! And I love that you re-did the picture!! She had grown so much!!

    ReplyDelete