Friday, February 7, 2014

Jazzercise milestones


I have a sweet friend, Candace, who just so happens to be a jazzercise instructor. She's been asking me to come to one of her classes and I really wanted to go but unfortunately things would keep coming up. So last night I finally was able to go and nerves were getting to me. I couldn't tell you why. Who is afraid of a little Jazzercise? Well, maybe the mom who hasn't worked out hard in years, who used to run a mile in 6 mins and now can't get around the block without wanting to pass out. Maybe the fact that my instructor is preggo and STILL rocking the stage, or the girl who never took dance classes in high school because she was too embarrassed and worried about what the other girls who had always been in dance would think of her. Yeahhh that'd be me, if you hadn't guessed by now. But I put on my big girl pants and marched down to the studio. Actually I just hitched a ride with Candace. 

I was worried I would have to stop a lot throughout it and that I'd be the one to look like a slobbery bulldog like this guy






while everyone else carried on like these women ----->
BUT I wasn't! I know I didn't look like these women or anywhere close. Really the only thing I have in common with them is the huge smile I had on my face throughout the entire class. I was really lovin' it.

Luckily I was able to get my sister in law, Andrea, to come without much convincing needed and she was able to bring our friend Carin along-with much more convincing. So that was nice to have some friends there to look silly with. Not that you guys looked silly or anything ;) No sillier than me at least! 


What I really loved about it was at no point was I feeling like I absolutely couldn't go any further. There were a few too many times that I wasn't keeping up because as soon as I'd have the moves finally down the song would be over and on to the next one haha. But it was fun to learn. But people, I'm telling you now, I'm hooked! I want to go back. I want to buy cute work out clothes and new shoes and go every week. Some of the moves I was thinking I wasn't feeling the burn where I should have been but boy do I feel sore this morning! I can't wait to go back! Your first time is free so you should totally come with me!! And then when you fall in love with it like I did it's only $10 a month-unlimited classes. (For students)







2 comments:

  1. I felt just like that at the beginning of this year when Emily and I made a resolution to go to the gym and give up carbonation. I swear I was on the treadmill for one minute before I wanted to hop off and just go sit down. We ended up wanting to go almost everyday but work and school has other things in mind. Let us know how jazzercise class goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the visuals. Haha! Exercise is so hard. My iPod ran out of juice one day here while running. I was so disheartened, I walked home.

    ReplyDelete