Sunday, February 2, 2014

SnapChat, Selfies and Instagram-Oh my!

Oh come on. We've ALL done it. I remember back in the day when if you saw someone pull out their brick of a phone and snap a picture of themselves it was hilarious because they looked so down right ridiculous. Who just stands there and takes a picture of themselves? Ok, let's be real it's ALWAYS more than one picture. You have to check your angles, am I right? (Was your "double chin" showing?, The sun wasn't reflecting the beautiful blue in my eyes in that one, your lips weren't duck-like enough-take another). We've all been there. It's ok, no one is expecting you to admit it. Out loud anyway.

Well obviously over time things change and let's just say this, TIMES HAVE CHANGED, MY FRIENDS! It's still something we as people like to laugh at others for doing but we all still do it. Even though it's hard to believe, some people still don't own smart phones. They don't have Instagram or SnapChat. WHAT?! I know. I told you it might be hard to believe. But it's true. So when those without the social networks at their finger tips, burning holes in their pockets see us doing this it's still quiet humorous. Take my sweet husband for instance. When he sees me snap chatting someone he sees this:
The "Oh look at me-so cute and innocent" selfie

 The Miley Cyrus Selfie

 The "I can't get a good one might as well make it goofy" selfie

And the...actually I don't have a name for this one. Stink eye selfie? Sure. Roll with that one.
OK so not the most attractive of events taking place-I realize this. There, Hunny, is THAT what you wanted to hear? 



But what's really going on is I'm taking a perfectly acceptable picture like this:



Only, he's the one who knows they really turn out like this first:





I know you all know what I mean! Don't pretend you don't! And then here he is just making ridiculous faces AT me, laughing and thinking I'm the ridiculous one. Pssssh. He has some learning' to do ;) What he doesn't see are the faces HE'S making and how funny he looks. But still, even when I took pictures of those faces for him to see it was still me being the weirdo. Well, I'll let you be the judge.  Choose your side wisely.













He's reading over my shoulder now and saying that these are not the faces he makes but trust me, they are. Though he is right, a lot of the time he sits there staring at me with a look of, "What on Earth is going on with my Wifey over there?".

In the end, who cares. Yes, you, (we) look ridiculous but we all have our quirks ;)

4 comments:

  1. This totally made me laugh!! I love this. SO true. Jeff does the same thing to me, only I'm slowly, very slowly, getting him to join in on the fun too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying with Emmett too! Slowly but surely!

      Delete
  2. Your blog looks adorable! looks like you got everything figured out??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did for the most part! Thank you so much for the help!

      Delete