Monday, August 5, 2013

Honey & Cinnamon Suicide

As some of you may know (and have sadly witnessed) I got sick last week and have since lost my voice. Scratchy throat + sore throat + cough =no voice  and that pathetic equation = a sad Danica. 
This morning I got this bright idea to hunt down a cure. I have been chugg-a-luggin Chloreseptic spray and lets just all be grateful it's alcohol free or I'd be down for the count for suuure. It has not even helped a bit. I've inhaled steam like it's a cure for cancer, eaten way more popsicles than I'd like to admit and even tried the nasty Emergen-C stuff that you know I despise with my whole being.

So I went searching for a remedy that was sure to please and came across THIS site. 
Lets all sing together to the tune of that Mary Poppin's song about a spoon full of sugar.
"Honey and Cinnamon bound to make this girl more sound.." 
(Okay so I need to brush up on my song writing. Cut me a break I have NO voice!)

I read on that website that honey and cinnamon are the cure for many different ailments. One being a raspy throat. Well I figured if I got rid of this raspyness death then maybe my voice would come back. 
HA.
Even though Winnie the Pooh was my all time FAVORITE cartoon and I own EVERY Pooh movie ever created and know all the words to all those movies, Pooh and I sure do not have this one thing in common. Honey. I HATE HONEY.
With a passion. I avoid it all all costs but I do cook with it a lot making sure I can't taste it. 
Anyways, I read that if you try a Tbsp of this that it will cure the sore throat. I don't have any tea to put it in and I didn't think honey, cinnamon and warm water sounded very appealing so this is what I came up with. The website wasn't very specific on instructions. Just keep that in mind.



*FACE PALM*


I just mixed these two key ingredients and it went down the hatch!
Followed by 10 minutes of gagging my brains out and hovering over my kitchen sink trying to holler at Emmett to bring me something to drink. But again, I had no voice so it took some time to get him there. 

I proceeded to take a steamy hot shower and discreetly cry. 

After all this you might be wondering, "Well did it work?"

Let me just say this.
NO. NO NO NO NO NO! It did not. I'm still coughing up what's left of my lungs, chugging Chloreseptic spray and to top it all off I can actually feel this huge glop of honey sitting in the pit of my stomach.
Never again, my friends. Never again.
Maybe you will have better luck if you ever need to try this. 


1 comment: