Saturday, August 10, 2013

Revamped

As we all know I have been fighting a cold for almost two weeks. Finally I went to the Dr and they told me I have the symptoms of Bronchitis. Luckily I was prescribed some AMAZING cough syrup and it started helping the very first day. That was about 3 days ago. I'm not 100% yet but my voice is back and I have some much missed energy!

In fact, today I was able to do some errands. My poor Haddie Cakes is sick and my sweet hubby too so they stayed home to sleep. While out and about I came across a yard sale where they had lots of furniture pieces. One stuck out to me amongst the others. It was only $2 and within 5 minutes of contemplating it was bought. By yours truly. 

I have been wanting to try refurbishing a piece of furniture for a long time and I finally had the opportunity! So I went to WalMart and bought some paint and sand paper, got home and started my adventure.

Not so pretty, but it had potential!



I started by using the sandpaper on the top. Once it was smooth I cleaned her up and started painting. 
It looks more lavender in these pictures but the paint I used is called Sanctuary Rose.

And here she is! I'm pretty much in love with er'. First time I've ever attempted Chevron anything. She just needs some new knobs and she will be good to go! I've also been thinking I will one day get some pretty wallpaper and line the drawers. I can't wait to put it in our new home!

#PROUDOFMYSESLF





2 comments:

  1. Looks great!
    But terrible about the bronchitis. I got it when I was 10. My family had just moved from Miramar, CA to Virginia during one of its most humid summers. I got a terrible case of bronchitis and it gave me mild asthma, which I still have today (thankfully, not enough for an inhaler!)
    Our Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctor just said I have Bronchitis-like symptoms. So I'm not sure I actually do have it. But whatever it is is sure is not fun! She prescribed me a temporary inhaler but I haven't gotten it yet. Not sure if I will.

    ReplyDelete