Thursday, August 30, 2012

A big piece of history

Somedays it's as if I look back on this pregnancy and think, "Wow, the time went so fast! It seems like only a week ago we were telling people we were pregnant." Now everyone knows with only a glance in my direction. But somedays I feel like I still have a while to go and it's taking completely forever.

So, to pass the time while I sit at home staring at my dirty dishes that I swear I wash every single day, I came up with a couple "baby projects" to do.

To start, I got this adorable rocking chair from Emmett's grandma in Idaho. It's been in the family since his mom was a kid and we all thought it needed to stay in the family. The poor piece of history definitely needed some TLC though. It was two shades of white, had scratched off paint and needed a good cleaning too.






So I took it to the back yard, painted for 3 hours (thanks to my mother in law for the paint) then later added some cute buttons to the head rest for some color. (thanks to my mom for these).  I want to do some more button themed projects for baby's room. I just love buttons!!

Here's our result:




All I want to do next is get a little cushion or two and maybe sew up cute covers for them. Make it a little more comfy :) DI trip anyone?

Another littlte piece of history I'm super excited about is the bassinet that has been in my family since my grandma was a baby. Her and every child since her in our family has been in this bassinet. It  even survived Pearl Harbor's bombing when lent to a family friend back in the day! It's become a tradition to decorate it for the new baby and present it to the mom at the baby shower. This is what I got. I definitely teared up the moment I saw it. I have been waiting for this since I was a kid.




These pictures really don't do it much justice. It has polka dot fabric on the inside with pink bows and the skirt is lace...ahhh, perfection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment