Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sundays & Foooood

I loooove Sundays. Not just because of church and the wonderful spirit you feel there, the amazing and strong people you meet, the fact that the whole day is to just relax and be home with the people you love, or the rejuvenation you get to kick start another week but because for some reason, the food on Sundays always tastes better!

Emmett and I always seem to eat more and eat better on this wonderful Sabbath day. Today we are slow cooking 7lbs of pork smothered in delicious hickory bbq sauce with some added tid bits of other things and making pulled pork sandwiches. YUM much!?

I'm also making a (hopefully) delicious raspberry cobbler for dessert. Since marrying Emmett, I eat desserts like I never have before. I thought he was the one that was supposed to gain weight after marriage!? Well I'm pregnant....that's my excuse. But really, I used to never eat sweets. I was all about the chips and salt. But I've discovered my love for baking. Even if sometimes I don't eat what I make. I know I'm weird.

Anyways.... I came up with the idea this morning to do a crock pot challenge. It'll take a lot of food, make a lot of food but we figure it'll be good to have frozen left overs once baby is here and we don't have as much time to cook good meals. So starting in the next week or two I will slow cook a meal a day for a week. CANT EVEN WAIT!

Sorry this post is lacking pictures. I'll be sure to add some next time of the meal(s) so you can drool to your hearts content.

Do yourself a FAVOR and RELAX today! Put those feet up and those wallets away. 

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment