Friday, January 18, 2013

Adventures is WA

For the holidays my little family went on a trip to Washington state to visit Emmett's family for 
two whole weeks.

We had so much fun and I had many firsts while there. 
For instance, I have never been on a ferry before. 
Maybe the smallish one at Disneyland but that doesn't even begin to compare.
Let me tell you!
It was huge! Cars fit on this thing and it's like 3 stories big.
We met a character named Patrick Stewart who was from Germany. He wore a green poncho and played card games with us for the majority of the trip and even told us about green colored beer.
CHARACTER. 
It was also freezing outside but so pretty when we started coming up to the city of Seattle so we had to take some pictures.

Haddie tends to have this habit of sleeping through everything fun we do. Like her first ferry ride.
 She also slept through The Rootbeer Store experience, Archie Mcfee's, the Christmas program the Fletcher's put on every year, opening of presents her first Christmas and I'm sure there were a couple other times as well. 
Silly girl but I can't complain. She makes travel easy.
And lets be honest, it's not like she will remember these things anyways.

This rootbeer store I mentioned had over 100 flavors of rootbeer. Any rootbeer lovers dream I'm sure. I've never really liked the stuff but I'll admit it was a super cool place and we got a couple flavors I liked.
Some flavors they carried were not 'rootbeer' but other sodas. Like Orange (my fav).  And bacon!
Orange you glad I DIDN'T try bacon!? (We did buy it though)

Archie Mcfee's is like a gag gift store. Some seriously funny things in there. 
To name a few: 
- butter favored lollipops
- a GIANT box of mac n' cheese
- A HAMBURGER PHONE! (Always wanted one)
- A giant ear?
It was a fun place to meander through.

We also toured The Air and Space Museum.
It was really cool  to walk through different airplanes and read up on the world wars but after a couple hours of it I think we were all ready for a snoozie.
FUNNY STORY!
They had a bar type place inside the museum and I was walking around alone a little ahead of our group when I stopped in front of it not even thinking it would be a bar. I waited for the family so we could go inside thinking it was just a room with more things to look at. Then this man came up to me from behind and told me I could go inside instead of waiting out front. I told him I would after my family catches up. Before finishing my sentence he looks me up and down and laughed and said, "Oh never mind you have to be 21 to go in here!" I looked and read the sign above the door and realized then that it was a bar. HAHA. I told him I was almost 24 and he laughed again and just said something like, "Uh huh, sure you are kid!"

Needless to say, that made this old mamma feel pretty good :)

We took a couple trips into Seattle, Emmett and I celebrated our 1 yr anniversary there by going to the temple and out to dinner, we spent lots of time with the family and we are so grateful that they got to get to know Hads a little bit better. I HAD to visit Pike's Place Market and in case you don't me too well, I LOVE places like that and it just so happened I hated it there. JUST KIDDING. I didn't want to leave!!
We played lots of games, watched lots of movies and a lot of Bewitched. 
Ate yummy meals, snacked on maybe too much pepperoni, lounged in jammies for outrageous amounts of time, welcomed in the new year (which Haddie was actually awake for!), I saw a troll under a bridge, celebrated a new family coming together and overall made some really great memories.




















No comments:

Post a Comment