Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Twelve years ago I was twelve.

Twelve years ago I was twelve. 
WOW.
Now that is something to think about! 
What was important to me back when I was that young? 
Maybe puppies, mall trips, movie trips with friends, who was going to chauffeur us around.
All that was important back then. 
But now, now I am 24 years old young and I would say that my priorities have changed a bit. Err, more like drastically. 
I have a HUSBAND, a DAUGHTER, BILLS to be paid, HOUSEWORK to be done. 
I have more RESPONSIBILITIES. 

But that doesn't mean I can't still have fun!

We are taking it easy on our budget this year so I decided to just have some close friends and family over to celebrate my oldness youngness on the Sat before since school started back up on my bday.
We played games and ate cupcakes. Chatted it up. It wasn't a huge party but I am grateful for those who wanted to come and hang out with us anyways. Love you all!
As I'm sure you can clearly see there are only 23 cupcakes instead of the 24. There were supposed ot be 24 cupcakes and candles.
When the time came to sing me happy bday a cupcake was missing. Emmett still won't admit to it but I KNOW he took it!!

What I thought was going to be a laid back, quiet and boring day (on my actual bday) turned out to be quiet the opposite!
I was surprised numerous times throughout the day. 
First, I got a package from my dear ol' Mamma that I wasn't expecting. It had lots of things I love in it and things for Haddie, of course. There was a charm bracelet with everything 'mom' and 'daughter' on it. 
Looove. 

Then I get a text from my sweet friend, Larissa about coming over. 
I received a very, very tasty cupcake from the sweet tooth fairy cupcake shop.
Nutella, dark chocolate and strawberries. D-E-LISH! Thanks, Larisstopher.

While catching up with Larissa my lovely mother in law, mommy :], texts me to tell me someone will be coming over and asked if I would be home. 
So when time came that this mystery person would soon arrive I frantically ran around my house picking odds n ends of things off the ground and changing from my sweat pants. I get a knock on the door and find a nice young man holding a bouquet of beautiful flowers.
First thought? "Well this is nice, but my husband is going to hunt you down and kill you for this." 
Then I realized he was just the delivery boy.
The flowers were from my in laws and little in law brother in Washington!
Never have I ever had flowers delivered to me and I sure felt special. So that was super nice :)



Most the day was spent playing with this cute gal and she was trying to teach me how to baby break dance. She's getting really good at it! ;)






My hunny came home early and surprised me and then our friends Larissa and Josh came over and played a game with us. 
It turned out to be a great day. 

Oh by the way, I highly recommend these two games. Check em out, buy them, play them, share them, play them. 
Worth it.

Just don't ask what my mother in law thinks of them haha




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Munchkin is one of Justin and my favorite games! You two should definitely come over (with adorable Haddie)so we can play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would LOVE that!! It would be nice to play with people who already know how to play haha. Not that it's not fun with people who don't but it takes a while to explain the game it seems. Let us know whenever you guys are free and we can work a night out. Also, we love game nights so next one we have you are invited!

    ReplyDelete