Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cupcake intervention

I just may need a cupcake intervention.
The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?
I mean, for reals. Everyday I wake up and I think, "What cupcake should I make today?"
I've even started thinking of different concoctions that could be good in a cupcake. 
Apricots, jelly, pizza cupcake, meatloaf cupcake with mashed potaters on top...

I just want to bake cupcakes all day everyday!!
Is that too much to ask?


Here's how it started. 

First, Have you ever seen the TLC show, "DC Cupcakes"? 
Well, it's a lot like the show, "Cake Boss." Just with cupcakes instead of cakes.
I saw it on netflix one day and probably watched a whole season in one sitting.
I'm telling you my deepest darkest secrets here so don't go judging me.

Next, my mother-in-law gave me a cupcake book chalk full of 50 recipes inside.
OOoooo the excitement I got when I saw that book!!!
I'm sure Emmett was very pleased as well knowing how much I have talked about cupcakes in recent weeks.


Want to know something strange? Well sure you do! Growing up I never really even liked cupcakes all that much.
WHAT!? Yeah.


While in Washington over Christmas break I was dying to make some. 
Come New Years Eve the family had planned to go to another family's house to celebrate. 
We said we would bring food.
BINGO.
Prime opportunity for some divine cupcake making.

I decided to go for the apple crisp caramel cupcake. 



Finished product:  drum roll please....





TA DAA!!

I thought it was pretty darn yummy, but even more fun to make. Though it felt like it took a bajillion steps.

Since then I have been trying to find any reason to make cupcakes.
Which I have found many. 
My bday for one. 
I didn't want anyone to make me a cake because I wanted to make my own 
Ultimate birthday cake cupcakes!
Which I did.
 I don't have a picture because they are long gone now but they were pretty darn amazing.

On friday we are having some family over to watch a movie the Fletcher's all loved when they were small tots. 
Road to Rio. 
Never seen it myself. 
But ANYWAYS...back to cupcakes.

I think I have decided to make a pineapple upside down cupcake for the movie night.
I think it has become a secret New Years resolution to make all the cupcakes in my book this year.
Well a secret until now hehe.
Looks like I will need more guinea pigs to test them all out before I turn myself and my Husby into cupcakes!

Any takers?

Ps, Have you ever seen so many "cupcake(s)" in one blog post? Yikes.




No comments:

Post a Comment