Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Callings callings CALLINGS

In our church we have a term used very frequently. A calling. Basically, it's your role, or your 'duty' or 'responsibility' in the church, in your ward/stake. If you have questions on what a ward or stake is please just ask. I want to stick to the topic at hand because for some reason I always go off topic and have to find my way back to the beginning. Like this one time I was talking about...oh well there I go again.
ANYWAYS...
back to callings!

I recently (maybe 3-4 weeks ago) was 'called' or given the responsibility to be a Relief Society Committee member. The RS is the woman's group in the church. We do lots of service projects, help out families etc. So with my my new calling I get to meet lots of new women in my ward and do lots of different kinds of projects!
Tomorrow night we have a woman coming to speak to us on budgeting, cooking and food storage. Excited! (Old lady much?)

Usually a person has one calling at a time. Sometimes they have some BIG responsibilities. But sometimes some people get more than one.  Like me. As of last Sunday I am now in the RS committee but also....

A PRIMARY TEACHER!!!

I teach the 4 year olds. Last week was my first time with these kids and they are an exceptional little bunch. On the first day they taught ME new things and really surprised me to how much they already know. I was excited but now I'm also very nervous because I feel like I probably know as much or less about what I will be teaching than they do!
But that's the thing about callings. I'm almost positive they are given to you because Heavenly Father knows your wants, needs and talents and even wants, needs and talents you don't even know you have!

I'm happy to be serving in my ward. I always wanted to be an elementary educator and never had the chance to be in a primary class growing up so I feel this is God's way of helping my fulfill my dreams of those things and probably (hopefully) giving me opportunities to help others.
Now this means Emmett has Haddie for two straight hours of church without me.
Last week I found them roaming the halls together because Haddie was breaking her daddy into his new role quick! Luckily for us all, he is a great father and Haddie sure does love her Daddy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment