Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Two Lips Tulips

After hours, and I mean HOURS of begging and pleading, I finally convinced Emmett to take Haddie and I to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point today. I have been wanting to go every year since I've moved to Utah and it finally happened! We have The Flower Fields in Carlsbad, Ca but I've never actually gone to that, though I always would have liked to. Maybe One day.

After knowing what the flower fields back home were like (You can see them from the road) I pictured this tulip festival to be the same. Unfortunately, it was not anything like the one back home. But none the less, it was beautiful.

It wasn't really a FIELD of flowers, more like a nature walk. It was probably a good mile or two long though so we got in our exercise. Emmett had to carry Hads too because we forgot our stroller as we rushed out the door. The sun was shining but it was oh so cold. 
Wind chill like no-badyyys bidnuussss.

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the gift shops.
They were like a live Pinterest walk through. SO many cute crafting ideas just making their homes in my brain almost like a likable, welcome, parasite. 

Ok, getting weird? Sorrynotsorry.

After the tulip extravaganza we went home and quickly changed into formal attire, or try a STEP above church attire and went to Emmett's senior banquet dinner. 
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY HUSBY IS GRADUATING COLLEGE!!!
PROUDGUSHINGWIFEY.

We had free Tacanos and for those who live around here know how AMAZINGLY AWESOME that is. I was able to see some of the other wives of Emmett's friends that I haven't seen in a while so that was lovely. One couple just had their 3rd baby and he is just precious. 
Makes me want to give Haddie a baby brother or sister.
Yes, I did just say that.
No, this is NOT an announcement. 

Here's pictures :)



Haddie's new 'smile' she's been trying this past week.





Yes, that is little miss thang sitting up all on her own in the middle of that, eh, garden thing.

A REAL LIFE SECRET GARDEN!







No comments:

Post a Comment