Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A baby kick boxer

Finally! Finally! Finally! Today I had the day off of work so this morning I slept in a little longer than usual. When I got up Emmett was eating his breakfast and getting ready for his day. We have been talking about how hopefully one day soon he will be able to get to feel our little babe move around in my tummy. When we first got an ultra sound they told us some bad news: the placenta lined the front side of my tummy and so we may have a hard time feeling anything. Bummer. But to my surprise I've felt a lot more movement than I thought I would! Of course today, as soon as Emmett was off to work, I sat to eat my cereal and my tummy was jerking all over the place. Whether it was kicking, jabbing or booty shakin', I could feel her moving from the outside! I was so excited I texted Emmett to tell him. I could tell he was excited to come home as soon as work was done because of this conversation we had:

Wifey: "I'm sitting here eating cereal and my tummy is jolting from side to side! It looks so weird!"
Husby Wusby: "Can you feel it from the outside??"
Wifey: "Yes! I can feel it on the outside! :)"
Husby Wusby: "Well I know what we are doing tonight. We should sit at home, eating cereal while I feel your belly :) :)"


Well sure enough we sat at home, ate, and he got to feel our little girl kick around :) Even right now I look like a sitting belly dancer with all her movements.


On a side note: Pregnancy makes you eat strange things. This isn't SO bad though and it tasted really good! Mint chocolate hot cocoa powder sprinkled on top of ice cream. Baby and I were happy about it at least!



No comments:

Post a Comment