Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The latest lately

The latest lately...


Well for one, we had a Dr's appt yesterday. Gained 8lbs. Yes, 8. Yikes is right. BUT, it's the 1st I've gained since being pregnant. Wooo.

We also signed a lease for a 2 bdrm basement apartment. Excited. We move the end of July. It is so cute and we'll be paying barely anything more than what we are already paying but it includes all utilities. Done. Kayla and Cory...we will still be friends. Sorry :( We didn't plan this. Promise!

Since deciding to move we put our apt up on craigslist. We had a couple come look yesterday, one today, we have four people tomorrow, five people friday and one (so far) Sat. Holy Shmokes. This place better sell soon.

Camping..

Well we decided to go camping and that we would leave Thurs. night (last week). We did in fact leave Thurs night, only to drive around for 3 1/2 hrs and then go back home for the night. We couldn't find a good spot and weren't too sure about driving 2 hours away to maybe find a spot somewhere else. So the next morning, super early, we set out for a place we were at just the night before. Ugh. But it was worth it. We were right along side a river so Emmett got to build dams and I got to wade and sun tan :) 
We stayed 2 nights/3 days. Emmett's sister, Andrea came and stayed a night with us too. She was going to come Fri afternoon and after about 10pm we gave up that she was coming anymore. (We had no cell service so she couldn't call us) Just as we were putting out the fire and climbing into our tent I hear Emmett say, "I think Andrea just pulled up." Sure enough it was her. So we helped her set up her tent and we went to bed. But she got to stay most the next day with us and build dams :)

Now the most exciting part. Pictures! We had lots of stuff happen, exciting things and what not. But it would take me far too long to put it all on here. So here were some of the best parts. Enjoy.

Just on the drive to the camp we came across lots of wild life!
 Hot dogs with baked grillin' beans! Took me forever to get my dog perfect and then..
I dropped mine into the ashes. Darn my luck.
  Cows actually came right through camp! And they were herded by a real cowboy and his trusty cattle herding dogs!

 Emmet played, I watched and sunburned..



My "pool" for the weekend..

 This adventure was my kind of "last hoorah" before baby comes. I wouldn't be sleeping in a tent if I were anymore preggo. That's for sure. We brought an air mattress but never blew it up. Bad idea. I still have a back ache that I think is never going to go away.
 My husby knows how to grill! This was by far the BEST BBQ Chicken I've ever ever had. He smoked it with hickory wood chips and then drenched them in hickory sauce. Mmm I'm drooling all over again. I also cut up some green bell pepper, spiced those bad boys up and added some onions. Put those on the fire and they came out so great! Along with out foil baked potatoes :)
We had a huge watermelon that was too big for a cooler but needed to be, well, cool. So we stuck it in the river for a couple hours and it was perfectttt.
We had lots of great meals on this trip. Blueberry pancakes, sausage and egg muffins, delicious cheeseburgers...P.S, a cast iron skillet would probably work much better for cooking eggs, bacon and sausage that cookie sheets. Just sayin. But it all still turned out very yummy!
 Ok so this disgusting thing we thought was a humming bird it was so big when we saw it. Then it attacked Emmett and he hit it with the bbq tongs. Yuck. It seemed knocked out for a min and then tried to fly but couldn't. I felt bad he was suffering so Husby "took care of it" Anyways..he was huge, as you can see.

  I love this man dearly. I love our adventures. I love our hugs. I love us together <3
 I'm excited for all the many new adventures we will be having. Especially our biggest one. Our little girl! 




1 comment:

  1. Love this, love you, miss you dearly<3

    ReplyDelete