Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What's in a name?


I know how this looks, a tad ridiculous. But baby needs a name and Mamma needs something to do when not at work. Therefore a trip to the library resulted in this. I want something unique, but not TOO unique, kind of shorter and it has to have a nickname. Nothing too feminine but definitely nothing masculine. It needs a good meaning. Nothing like, "tree". Though trees are nice and big and strong and..well, lets just stay away from plants and such shall we? I want something like...Danica. It means the morning star, you can shorten it to a less girly name like Dani... But that one is taken. Or Ellery....that too is taken. Hmm.. Kiana? Op, nope, that's taken too. Problem with marrying into a HUGE family is when I think of a name I like, I realize it's already being used. Good thing we jumped on this baby band wagon when we did or there would be no names left! Ha, I kid. But big family equals a problem-o picking a name-o.  We have a small list already and won't settle on anything till baby girl is born. Open to suggestions. Have at it.

And by the way...for the longest time I felt I was just another number in the baby having world. Everyone and their mom (this is true I have a friend who's mom just had another baby) is having littles. But it's come to the point that almost all of them have already had their littles. Now I'm a lonely number just wanting to hold my own babe! Is that too much to ask?

Good thing our condo is officially sold and we are officially moving next month. Also it's a mighty good thing next month is going to be so incredibly jam packed with the 4th of July, a family reunion in ID, a trip to CA, family coming to visit and stay with us, our last ultra sound(!) and again moving...hopefully July can whiz by and I'll then only have 2 months till our nameless (for now) baby girl gets here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment