Saturday, June 9, 2012

Beginnings and stuff

Welcome to the Fletcher's blog! I have recently become a big fan of reading blogs of friends and family and such. Therefore I have decided to start one of our own. I think it's a neat idea to stay connected to others. Especially Mostly for family near and far to keep up with our busy and growing family. Yeah. So we will see how this goes.

First off..

How We Met:


The Mr. Emmett Fletcher and I met at BYU in our singles ward. (Super unique right!? I know.) But really, it's a little cooler than that. I moved into his apartment complex in Sept 2010 after being baptized into the LDS church. I thought he was super cute and I thought he may have thought the same about me until he told me he didn't like when I dyed my hair a TAD darker. Fail. We may have talked a couple times but the first time we 'hung out' was at a football game by total accident, or FATE, if you will. I had two tickets for the front row and decided to ask a new friend who just moved in if he'd like to come with me. He accepted. Clearly not a date. While waiting for the game to start here comes mr. hunk heading right towards us and sits down beside me. But not too awkwardly close. We made small talk for a bit which was nice. Before this I was thinking he was a really quiet guy who never wanted to play any games. Ever. Which sometimes is still the case to this day. Anyways, we chatted until his family and some friends showed up. We still cheered next to each other. Aww. So funny part. I had to get his attention again somehow and I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do. All my ideas I had so thoughtfully come up with were not playing out right in my mind. Soon enough I didn't even have to try. My 'clumsiness at the worst times' kicked into high gear. It was a cold afternoon so we had some little hand warmers. You know the kind you have to shake to get working? Well I had one in my hand and when the BYU Cougars get a first down the stadium all does this little arm gesture with a roar followed by a "COUGAR FIRST DOWN!" holler. Did that. Perfectly in fact that when my arm came back up from behind my head I accidentally let go of my hand warmer and it flew onto the field. Well that sure got his attention and the attention of lots of people around me. I still hear about this incident to this day. In my defense, I did mention it was a cold day and fact is, I just couldn't feel my fingers. I can thank my sister-in-laws bff, Carin and her sister, Sarah for getting us hand warmers for a very humorous and thoughtful wedding gift :)

And a short-ish second off..



Meaning Behind The Name Of This Blog:


While dating, and on occasion still, Emmett and I would like to take mini road trips. Mostly just around town or near by towns. We'd always make an adventure out of it and never planned where we would go, only "south" or "north"..etc. One fine summer's day we set out for a trip. We didn't get too far when we found a little road covered in lush green trees. Perfect road for a hand holding walk. We parked, got out and set foot. Off the side of the road and down a small hill was a humungo open field. It was completely full of dandelions. We happened to have a blanket in the car so we went and grabbed that and set camp. Sort of. Right in the middle of this huge place. The grass and flowers were so tall that when we laid down on the blanket all you saw was grass, flowers and sky. Beautiful. To top it off, it was so quiet, except for when planes would fly in to land at a near by private airport. No complaints. That was pretty cool too. We always made so many wishes each time we went back there. Hence the name we call it, The Wishing Field. We even took some engagement pictures there but unfortunately it was a day someone decided to come by and plow the whole place down. We'll have to go back this summer. 
We also have this little quirk about bridges. Every, and I mean every, time we cross a bridge we stop on it and share a kiss. This all started, I think, when we took a walk up to the Provo castle and there is a spot with a creek and a small bridge that crosses over it. We stopped on it and I said to him, "Kissss meeee!" It's become a nice little routine :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment