Sunday, June 10, 2012

Oh baby! The emotional roller coater begins

So today started out nicely but there was a minor bump in the road this afternoon. Emmett and I woke up and lounged around for a good while which we don't get to do very often. Shnuggle time awesomeness. Then my sweet husby made us some pancakes and per my request he made me a chocolate chip mickey mouse pancake. Sadly by this time I was stuffed with regular pancakes soo he had to finish it for me...good thing he has a bottomless pit for a belly! (Though he gains NO weight from everything he eats! Psh.)

We proceeded to go to church; I got a new calling! I'm now on the Relief Society Committee so I get to visit with all the new girls who move in and make new friends! Exciting. While waiting for church to start I made a nice little crown of flowers in the lawn. Good childhood past time right thuurr :) 

After church we came home and made some yummy food and then I got on the computer to check emails. No big deal right? Wrongo. I opened an email with the subject, "For Danica."It was from my lovely mother in law and was about how she spoke to the Young Women in church today about temple marriages. She told them my story about getting married in the temple even though I was the only  member of my family so they could not go into the temple with us. Also that my mom and aunt were baptized only 2 months later. I guess all the girls enjoyed the story and were listening intently. After reading this I started crying, no, bawling is more like it. For what reason? I couldn't tell you. Poor Emmett sitting right beside me playing his guitar had no idea what what was going on. I really didn't either and the only real explanation I have for it is..dun dun dun... pregnancy hormones. Blah. And so the emotional roller coaster begins! I had to clean up pretty quick because our friends were coming over to play some games. Good thing they are having a baby any day now so they understood :)

But on the bright side....WE ARE GOING TO CALIFORNIA IN JULY!!! Finally!

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy hormones + hearing that your story touched the lives of young women = making any woman cry. Totally makes sense. And it only gets better... :)

    Don't worry, trimester 3 the tired hits hard again but the crazy subsides a bit.

    ReplyDelete