Friday, September 21, 2012

There's still a growing and cramped gal in my tummy

This week has been fun...or something like that. I've started going to the doctors office once a week now instead of every two weeks. I thought that would help me be a little more patient but boy was I wrong! The weeks d..r....a......g onnnnn now. We went on Wed, 37 weeks means full term and this baby won't be stopped if she decides to come now! My body is OFFICIALLY over pregnancy and just plain tired.

I literally can't get to sleep at night for hours and toss and turn when I finally do. I can't eat without my tum tum cramping and I'm just plain sore. Who knew pregnancy brain could get worse too? Pffff. Well, it does. Ok, ok, I sound like a major complainer. This pregnancy really was a walk in the park compared to others I have heard about. I'm just anxious to meet this small gal and feel we have waited long enough!

We ended up calling our dr yesterday due to some um....wetness dripping down my leg when waking up in the morning and they said it could be my water, even though it wasn't very much and I didn't have any contractions that followed. They told us we should get checked in case it was amniotic fluid because we could run the risk of infection if it was. NO THANKYOUUU mam I do not want to add something like that onto my list in these last few weeks. So we went. Everything looked just dandy, it wasn't fluid, or fluid we should worry about but turns out I was having slight contractions. GOOD NEWS! They didn't hurt! But I know they will soon enough. Also good  news, I'm a whopping 80% effaced (thinned out) and just over a cm dilated (opened up). Nurse said I had a "favored cervix". TMI? Sorry. OH THE EXCITEMENT THOUGH!!!

Found this on someone's blog and I hope they don't mind I took it. Thought it was cute and fun! 


total weight gain: 21 pounds. Sha bing! Im impressed with myself. My mom gained 60 with me!
maternity clothes: I have 3 maternity shirts I wear occasionally and one skirt that has that elasticky thing on it. Over all I say I've done pretty well in the getting massive dept. Or you could say I'm too cheap to buy "maternity" clothing..
stretch marks: i went up until a few weeks ago with none. Can't say no anymore. Boo.
sleep: Exhausted during the day. Sometimes I can get a cat nap in but I try not to because it makes sleeping at night even harder.
best moment this week: Hearing that my due date may not be reached :) Also, my baby shower is tomorrow!
missing anything: Husby cuddle time. It's not very easy anymore to cuddle up when you are so hot and have to toss and turn all the time.
movement: yes...but just a little because there is almost no room for the poor gal.
food cravings: Sweets! Super unusual for me too..I love eating cherry tomatoes and choc chips together though haha
anything making you queasy or sick?: Nope, I had that easy this pregnancy. The only thing that made me sick was my pre natal vitamins so I was put on Flinstones vitamins way back in my first couple months and been fine since.
are you showing?: HA! Is that a serious question?
gender: a sweet baby GIRL!
labor signs: Craaaamps, I'm dilated and almost all the way effaced and a few other details I won't bother to go into details with. You can thank me later.
belly button in or out: Still in! Husby and I took bets on when it would pop because it looks like it wants to...but its exceeded our expectations. 
wedding rings on or off: Off. The ring fits, but it's just not comfortable right now.
happy or moody most of the time: Happy. But I'm kind of bipolar, my mood can change real quick! I cry (happy tears) over..mmm, well, just about everything now. I cried when a guy fell off his mo ped the other night and we were across the intersection at a stop light and we couldn't help him. But others were able to run to his side. I felt so terrible! And I teared up for a girl at my obgyn office when she had to take that terrible glucose drink and threw up in the sitting room. I was so embarrassed for her. No one should ever have to consume THAT much sugar in that little amount of time. I felt for her. I also cry when I hear ppl sing really well. Embarrassing but my husband gets a kick out of it.
looking forward to: to not being pregnant! amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment